Saturday, February 27, 2016

Security of our Mobile Devices

It's a big event, one that every source of news desires, and has covered. The big scandal of the FBI asking Apple to decrypt an iPhone has raised many concerns. What would happen if the FBI had this ability to hack into any iPhone that they wanted to at will? What if they hack into my phone?

This is where I feel people have the wrong idea.  I'm not afraid of the FBI. I have nothing to hide, and therefor, I have nothing to hide from them. In all honestly, I think that the FBI should be allowed the data on that criminal's phone, as it could benefit the case, but for one thing. It's not exactly that the FBI has the ability to access data, but that there is a vulnerability in the decryption that might be leaked or figured out. There are plenty of people with malicious intents. It's not going to be the FBI that is stealing your credit card number and personal information, it's going to be someone looking to steal your identity.  The FBI are not the bad guys, It's just that having a way to access encrypted data might lead to a leak of information through malicious people.

No comments:

Post a Comment